Facts About District-Owned Property
The district has three parcels of land purchased with bond funds as future school sites. The land was purchased when the community was growing at a rapid pace. Those properties and their current uses are:
- 60 acres on the northeast corner of Roosevelt and Midway – farmed under a rental lease.
- 38 acres on Lone Star, west of Midway – farmed under a rental lease.
- 43 acres on Airport Road, east of Robinson – farmed under a rental lease.
- Less than an acre adjacent to the District Office – used as a community soccer field.
The district owns the following developed properties not currently used for school purposes.
District Office – This building is located on South Canyon Street and houses academic and business support functions for schools, district leadership offices and a meeting place for the Board of Trustees.
Scism School – This old rural school site was closed in 2010 because it was inefficient and costly to run.
McKinney-Vento Office – The district has owned this building for more than 30 years. Often mistaken for a private residence, it houses programs and materials for homeless students and their families.
Operations – The district owns five sites that house staff, supplies and materials for district maintenance, groundskeeping and nutrition for its 24 school sites.
- Technology Center on Front Street - This facility houses our Information Services department
- Nutrition Warehouse on East Executive Avenue – This facility includes office space and a large refrigerated warehouse for storing food for the nutrition program.
- Main Maintenance Warehouse on First Street and 15th Avenue South – This is the main maintenance warehouse for the district.
- Secondary Maintenance Warehouse on Front Street and 17th Avenue South – This facility provides room for our carpentry shop, vehicles, groundskeeping team and storage.
The only property the district leases is beneath its technology warehouse on Front Street. Under this long-term lease the district owns the building but pays an annual fee for parking.