Facts About District-Owned Property
The district has three parcels of land purchased with bond funds as future school sites. The land was purchased when the community was growing at a rapid pace. Those properties and their current uses are:
- 60 acres on the northeast corner of Roosevelt and Midway – farmed under a rental lease.
- 38 acres on Lone Star, west of Midway – farmed under a rental lease.
- 43 acres on Airport Road, east of Robinson – farmed under a rental lease.
- Less than an acre adjacent to the District Office – used as a community soccer field.
The district owns the following developed properties not currently used for school purposes.
- Secondary Maintenance Warehouse on Front Street and 17th Avenue South This facility provides room for our carpentry shop, vehicles, groundskeeping team and storage.
- Groundskeeping Warehouse (Block Building) on Midland Boulevard and Lake Lowell Avenue – This facility stores groundskeeping equipment such as mowers, trucks, supplies and unused equipment.
The only property the district leases is beneath its technology warehouse on Front Street. Under this long-term lease the district owns the building but pays an annual fee for parking.