Facts About District-Owned Property
The district has three parcels of land purchased with bond funds as future school sites. The land was purchased when the community was growing at a rapid pace. Those properties and their current uses are:
- 60 acres on the northeast corner of Roosevelt and Midway – farmed under a rental lease.
- 38 acres on Lone Star, west of Midway – farmed under a rental lease.
- 43 acres on Airport Road, east of Robinson – farmed under a rental lease.
- Less than an acre adjacent to the District Office – used as a community soccer field.
The district owns the following developed properties not currently used for school purposes.
- Secondary Maintenance Warehouse on Front Street and 17th Avenue South This facility provides room for our carpentry shop, vehicles, groundskeeping team and storage.
The only property the district leases is beneath its technology warehouse on Front Street. Under this long-term lease the district owns the building but pays an annual fee for parking.