Trustee Election Information
Elections are held for the Nampa School District Board of Trustees every other year. The next election will be November 7, 2023.
Elections are conducted by the Canyon County Elections Department. If you have questions, please call them at (208) 454-7562.
Below are answers to frequently asked questions.
The trustee positions for Zones 1 and 2 will be up for election. An individual must live in the zone he/she seeks to represent. You may look up what zone you live in using our address lookup tool:
- Candidate fills out paperwork
- Candidate gathers petition signatures within the school zone for which they live in and are filing for.
- NOTE: They must have at least 5 signatures of registered voters within their zone.
- Candidate will bring paperwork into Brandi Long by 5pm on September 8th at the Canyon County Election Office at 1102 E Chicago St in Caldwell.
- Only if all documents are complete will they appear on the ballot.
The Idaho Secretary of State's website offers information for potential candidates of special districts election, including school boards.
Only registered voters who live in the zone may vote.
The Canyon County Elections Department conducts the election, click here.
A trustee serves for four years. The terms for Zones 1 and 2 began in 2021 and end in December 2023. The terms for Zone 3, 4, and 5 began in 2021 and end in December 2025.
No. This is a volunteer position.