UPDATE: Recent changes to the Zone 2 boundaries moving part of the far-eastern edge of Zone 2 to Zone 1 may not be reflected in the online tool. Please use this map to see new boundaries: https://go.boarddocs.com/id/nsd131/Board.nsf/files/C9NMTN5CA209/$file/Proposed%20Trustee%20Zone%20Map.pdf
The Board of Trustees for the Nampa School District invites any eligible community member interested in applying for the open Zone 2 Trustee seat to submit a completed application packet to the Board Clerk by noon on Tuesday, February 22, at [email protected].
The Board declared a vacancy for the Zone 2 seat at a special meeting on Saturday, Feb. 5, after accepting the resignation of Trustee Mike Kipp. The new trustee will serve the remainder of the current term, through December 2023.
To be eligible, the candidate must be a registered voter in the school district with residency in Zone 2. This link will help determine if you live within Zone 2: https://app.guidek12.com/nampaid/school_search/current/.
The application packet must include:
- Cover Letter
- Responses to the following questions:
- Briefly explain your philosophy toward public education.
- What do you believe the Board of Trustees’ role should be in leading the district?
- What do you feel are the strengths and weaknesses of the District?
- What is your vision for the role of public education and, if appointed, what will your priorities be as a trustee?
- Do you have any specific changes you want to make to school district policies, programs, or various school curricula being offered? If so, what changes do you want to make and why?
- In your estimation, how much time do you believe is required to accomplish this role? How much time are you willing to commit to serving on the Board of Trustees?
- Do you have business dealings with the Nampa School District? If yes, please explain the nature of these
- Do you have relatives who work for the Nampa School District? If yes, please
- If there is other information you would like the Board to consider in reviewing your application, please include
All discussions and deliberations of submitted applications will be done in open session. Please keep the following schedule in mind:
- Application packets must be received by noon on Feb. 22.
- Each trustee will review each application.
- Trustees will then discuss and narrow the number of candidates (if needed) at a special meeting on Feb. 28. Please watch for the posted notice for the time of this meeting.
- Candidates selected at the Feb. 28 special meeting will be scheduled for interviews during another special meeting to be scheduled the week of March 7.
- At that special meeting, a finalist will be selected, with the intention of issuing the Oath of Office at the March 14 regular board meeting.
If you have questions, please contact NSD Board Clerk Krissy Lamont at [email protected].