Helpful Tools and Information
Standards-Based Grading Helpful Tools and Information
How are high school grades calculated or converted from standards?
- A score of “3” and “4” in each of the essential standards = A
- A score of “2” in any one essential standard (with grades of 3 or 4 in the remaining standards = B
- A score of “2” in more than one essential standard (no score of “1”) = C
- Two-thirds of the essential standards are a score of “2” or higher. Student has standard(s) that are “1” = D
- A score of “1” or NE in more than one-third of the essential standards in a course = F
How do I access a report card or transcript with a grade point average (GPA) for other purposes (auto insurance, scholarships, ...)?
How do I talk with my student about SBG?
When viewing the gradebook, consider asking your student the following questions:
2. When was the last time you practiced/worked on [standard]?
5. What practice, studying and/or re-teaching opportunities have you completed in preparation for the next reassessment opportunity?
6. Have you visited with your teacher(s) about your progress?
How Does Standards-Based Grading impact my student's admission into college?
How do I navigate PowerSchool to view my student's progress on standards?