Standards-Based Grading Overview
Nampa School District Guide to Standards-Based Grading Overview
What is Standards-Based Grading?
Standards-based grading communicates how students are performing on a set of clearly defined learning targets called standards. Standards-based grading identifies what a student knows, or is able to do, in relation to the pre-established learning targets.
Why are we moving to standards-based grading?
- There are several reasons to move toward standards-based grading, including:
- Accuracy and consistency of grades
- Clarifying learning for students
- Providing students with more accurate feedback
- Adjusting NSD grading to evidence-based practices that align teaching, assessing,
- and reporting
- Supporting and aligning our district
How to understand my student's grade in PowerSchool: