Coronavirus Updates » COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

How long will schools be closed?
The State Board of Education has ordered a soft closure for all schools statewide through the end of the school year, unless specific conditions can be met. The Nampa School District will continue to provide online/distance learning for our students through the COVID-19 crisis.


How will I know what to expect for online learning?
You or your student(s) should “hear” from your child’s teacher or school each day. Sometimes it will be to update homework expectations, sometimes to provide feedback, sometimes to check in, sometimes it will just be a short email. Please make sure we have your updated contact information.


Where can my child access free WiFi if we don’t have it at home?
Each of our school sites has boosted its WiFi signal so students can access it in a specific area outside. Use the link below to find a map of your school’s WiFi “bubble.  Remember to practice social distancing when on school grounds.


What if something goes wrong and I need assistance?
1. For technology support including connectivity, contact our helpdesk at 208-468-4777 or email
2. For curriculum concerns, start with your teacher. Email is likely the best means of communication. Some classrooms will have other ways for you to connect with your student’s teacher.
3. For assistance with food, school lunch or housing, contact your child’s school office.
4. For assistance with mental health support, contact your school’s counselor.
5. All school sites will have regular virtual office hours where someone will be available to answer phones or takes messages and return your calls.

What if my child has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)?
1. Our special education staff will continue to work with your student virtually to achieve their individual goals. If you have questions, contact your child’s special education teacher.
2. If you have a regularly scheduled IEP meeting, the team will likely convene via a virtual meeting application such as Teams, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Facetime. The team will work with you to find an appropriate way to hold the meeting.


How will my child get breakfast or lunch?
You can find the Grab-and Go lunch schedule on our district website at When we are not physically in session, we have different federal guidelines to follow in order to provide breakfast and lunch. You or your child (and any child under 18) is welcome to come to any of the advertised lunch sites and pick up a sack lunch, which includes breakfast for the following day.


What if I need further food assistance?
You can find a food resource guide here: Please note any requirements (ID, etc.) you will need to provide to access assistance.


How can I retrieve lost or forgotten items from the school?
You will need to call the school office to make arrangements. If you are unable to come during business hours, call the school office and make other arrangements.


When schools are closed, will employees still report to work? 
The district has adjusted its business continuity plan. Teachers will be involved in online instruction, and essential HR and payroll services will continue. Some positions will be able to continue their essential job functions from an off-site location. Some positions will be converted to perform other tasks such as a student/parent help desk to assist students in accessing their instruction online from home.   


What do I do if I or one of my family members start to not feel well and exhibit the symptoms of COVID-19? First, if you or one of your family members are experiencing respiratory issues, have a fever, or are generally feeling unwell please stay home and don’t go into work or school! Please be thoughtful and help us keep others safe by staying home until you have been fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. As of 3/9/20 the CDC also recommends that if you have been in close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread and you develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness such as a cough or difficulty breathing, you should call ahead to a healthcare professional and tell your healthcare professional about your recent travel or contact. Your healthcare professional will work with your state’s public health department and CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.

Use this flow chart produced by the Centers for Disease Control to learn how to respond to being exposed to the virus.  


What if I have more questions about COVID-19?
Find more information at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare website.


Last updated 5/6/2020