Prior to committee creation and first committee meeting the following will be completed by the committee lead:
- Gather state approved adopted standards, essential standards, industry standards, etc. to use for committee;
- Determine and compile scientifically based research, NSD data, sample evaluation rubrics and resources important for the committee to consider;
- Create Committee:
- Meet with Director of Community Relations and Communications to develop a survey (Survey Monkey templates or other polling tool) to recruit committee members;
- Include at least 25% non-school district staff; and
- Include a variety of staff members (for example: general education teachers, special education teachers, administrators, English language teachers, technology department, etc.); and
- Consult with the Director of Community Relations and Communications to upload all meeting agendas, notes and pertinent documents to district website.