NSD High School Courses
2020-21 Course Requesting Tools
Student Course Worksheets
Quick Course Listings
These lists are for easy/quick reference and are a projection of potential courses to be offered in 2020-21.
Learn More About CTE High School Courses at NSD
Learn More About CTE High School Courses at NSD...
NEW - Watch Videos Highlighting CTE (Career & Technical Education) Programs
ICAT (Idaho Center for Advanced Technology)
Please visit the NSD CTE/ICAT webpage for additional information on Career Pathways.
Course Selection and Scheduling: Q & A
- What is Class Choice?
Class Choice is the online software used for high school students to request courses for the up and coming school year. Once the system has been initiated for the year, students may login through their PowerSchool accounts and access their Course Requesting Screen to select courses.
- Is Class Choice accessible all year long?
Class Choice is only accessible during the Course Requesting Window.
- When do students request courses for the up and coming school year?
Generally, 8th grade students will request courses in the last few weeks of February. Current 9th-11th grade students will request courses some time during the month of March. Schools will communicate more exact dates as it draws closer.
- How do students choose their courses?
Your students school will communicate more details, but students will request courses online using Class Choice. All students need their PowerSchool login and password to select the Class Choice link within PowerSchool. Generally, a school counselor will be on hand to direct them through the steps and answer questions. A Class Choice Requesting Tutorial is available to help prepare students for requesting.
- How do we learn about the courses offered for the upcoming school year?
- You may access the online Course Catalog for that year to learn about the courses offered. It is usually published online on the District and Secondary school websites in January.
- You may access the online course requesting worksheets posted in January for each grade level. They are designed to assist students in understanding their required courses and how many electives and alternates they are to choose.
- Your school counselors will speak to students in the month prior to requesting their courses. Typically, they will visit classes to talk about various programs and answer any questions.
- Students and parents may contact their school counselor and seek out additional information.
- A list of courses offered for each grade level will be posted online. Seek out for example: Courses Available Worksheets-9th.
- When do students get their class schedule?
Student schedules are posted online in PowerSchool some time during August of that school year.