Communicating with Parents
Communication from your Teachers and Schools
- Remind (beginning July 1, 2022, this will be ParentSquare)
Remind App for Students and Families
Nampa School District uses Remind for two-way communication between teachers and families. This allows for text, email, push notifications and phone calls.
Please note: Installation of the mobile apps is not required to receive text/phone calls. For more information, please review additional information below.
How do I use the Remind app?
How do I set up my Remind account?
How are parents connected to their child (student)?
What happens if your student switches classes or schools? How do they get notifications from the new school?
What does the first message from Remind look like?
What if I am not receiving Remind messages? How can I update my contact information?
Manage Notification Preferences
Remind communications can be sent in multiple ways. If you would like to add devices to your account or turn channels on or off:
- Login to your account on the web (https://www.remind.com/log_in) or in the Remind app
- Navigate to your Account Settings (top left) and select
- Click Add Device to add additional phone numbers or email addresses
- Click on the On or Off button to turn notifications on or off from each device
How do voice calls in Remind work?
Opting Out of In App Messages
- iOS App
- Once you are on the class, tap the class name on top. In Class settings, tap the red "Leave this class" button at the bottom of that screen.
- Android App
- Tap the 3 dots in upper right once you are in the class and then tap Class settings. Lastly, tap the red "Leave this class" button at the bottom of that screen.
Opting Out of Text Messages
- Leave all classes owned by a teacher
- Text @LEAVE in that teacher's thread
- Leave a teacher's specific class (but stay in this teacher's other classes)
- Text @LEAVE @"class code"
- Leave ALL teachers' classes on Remind
- Text @STOPALL
Opting out of Voice Calls
How do I get help with my Remind account?