Print Parent Handbook
Nampa School District No.131
Before and After School Program
Parent & Student Handbook
The 21st CCLC after school program will provide opportunities for students and families to empower themselves to achieve greater success academically, socially, physically, emotionally, and culturally.
- Improve student academic achievement in the areas of reading, math, and language usage.
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in social, cultural, and academic activities to increase social skills and cultural appreciation.
- Promote increased parent and family involvement through courses, events, and opportunities for educational development and interaction with the school.
- Participants will gain increased knowledge and exposure to healthy lifestyles and parenting strategies.
- Students will attend the after school program an average of 3 out of 4 days per week to qualify for participation.
Policies and Procedures
Parents/Guardians may expect that:
- Their children are cared for in a safe, supportive, and caring environment.
- They may visit with the Director or Site Coordinator about concerns related to their child (ren) or the program.
- They will be informed of both positive and negative behaviors of their child. When the negative behaviors cannot be resolved between 21st CCLC staff and the child, the parents will be informed to help improve the situation. If the situation cannot be resolved the child (ren) may be terminated from the program.
- They will be informed promptly, at the parent/guardians request, if their child does not arrive at the program in a timely manner.
- The Director and Site Coordinator will regularly inform them about program activities.
- Parents/Guardians are always welcome to visit the program.
The program expects that parents/guardians will:
- Pick-up their child at the appropriate time.
- Pay attention to any communication from the Director, i.e. newsletter, calendars, etc.
- Comply with policies stated in this handbook.
Children may expect:
- To have a safe, supportive, and consistent environment.
- To use all program equipment, materials, and facilities on an equal basis.
- To receive respectful treatment.
- To have discipline that is fair.
- To receive care from staff members who are actively involved with them.
The program site expects that the child will:
- Be responsible for their actions.
- Respect school rules, 21st CCLC, and coordinator’s rules at all times.
- Respect staff, peers, and equipment.
- Remain in their designated area at all times.
- Take care of materials and equipment properly and return them to their place when done, or before taking out new ones.
- Check in to the after school program IMMEDIATELY after school.
The following procedures will be followed if an act of discipline is required:
- Verbal Warning.
- Time out to observe appropriate behavior and think about actions.
- If problem persists, the parent/guardian will be called and expected to pick up the child.
- Termination from the after school program.
21st CCLC After School Programs are housed at Willow Creek Elementary, Sherman Elementary, Endeavor Elementary, Snake River Elementary and Columbia High School
The program is open to students Kinder through 5th grades and 9th through 12th grades. All required forms must be completed and returned to appropriate after school site before a child may participate. Programs are available by contacting each school and applying. Each elementary site has a maximum of 32 student openings and 60 openings at the high school site.
21ST CCLC After School Program is free of charge.
The Nampa School District will provide transportation to off-site activities and home from the program. Elementary school parents will need to provide transportation to the before school session, please refer below to the drop-off schedule. If parents choose to pick up their student from the program please refer to the pick-up times below:
Willow Creek: drop-off time is at 7:45 a.m. and pick-up time is no later than 5:45 p.m.
Snake River: drop-off time is at 7:15 a.m. and pick-up time is no later than 5:15 p.m.
Sherman: drop-off time is at 7:15 a.m. and pick-up time is no later than 5:15 p.m.
Endeavor: drop-off time is at 7:45 a.m. and pick-up time is no later than 5:45p.m. Columbia High School: pick-up time is no later than 5:45 p.m.
Two (2) late pick-ups will result in being dropped from 21st CCLC After School Program.
Responsibility of Parents
Parents must complete the registration form and handbook at the beginning of each new school year. All sections must be read, signed, and returned to the site coordinator at their child’s site. Parents are responsible for child pick-up at the designated time.
The Nampa School District’s 21st CCLC After-School Program is an enrichment program and NOT daycare. As per grant guidelines, it is mandatory for your child to attend a minimum of three afternoons and mornings per week. Attendance will be taken by our staff and reported daily. Unexcused absences may result in your child’s removal from the program.
The 21sr CCLC program provides a drink and a healthy snack at no charge. If your child has any food allergy or dietary needs he/she may bring a snack from home or notify your program site coordinator.
If a child becomes sick they will report to the site coordinator and parents will be contacted to pick up the child.
Half Days/Holidays/Emergency Closings
There will be no after school program on half day and school holidays. On days with weather advisories in which school does not dismiss early, the director and school administration will make the decision on the day’s programming schedule. Each month your student will receive a calendar of dates that your program will run and activities or trips that will be taken.
We assume no liability for lost items. Students can keep personal belongings in their backpack. Students are NOT permitted to return to their classrooms once the regular school day is over.
Sign Out Procedure
Parents need to personally speak with the Site Coordinator or Educational Assistants when checking a student out early from the program.
Sheena Strickler, Grant Director
498-0571 ext 6563
Shelley Bonds, Federal Programs Director
468-4600 ext 1020
This form MUST be signed by the parent/guardian and returned to your site coordinator or after-school program teacher before participating in the program. Signing this form means you have read this handbook and are aware of its contents.
Student’s Name (please print)
Signature of Parent/Guardian Date
If you have additional children in the 21st CCLC program, please complete the following information. Use additional lines if necessary.
Student’s Name (please print)
Student’s Name (please print)