District makes progress toward Scholastic Achievement Goals
Assessment Administrator Anita Christenson provided a Powerpoint Overview of the monitoring report on the Board’s goals for the district.
The District concluded it made overall progress on the ends policies with areas for improvement. The district data show the following on the standards:
- The District did not increase the annual graduation rate or exceed the state average.
- The District increased the enrollment and success in dual credit and Advanced Placement courses.
- The District showed a decrease in the percentage of students failing classes at each grade level and overall from academic year 2014-2015 to academic year 2015-2016 at the high school level.
- The District showed a decrease in the percentage of freshman failing overall from 2014-2015 to 2015-2106. The same decrease is shown in the core classes with the exception of second semester Geometry.
- The District made progress in decreasing the percent of high school and middle school students failing classes including ninth grade.
- The District made progress in increasing the number of students offered one or more scholarships and the total number of scholarships.
- District increased the percentage of capstone students earning industry certification; the district decreased the percentage of senior capstone completers.
- The District decreased the percentage of high school graduates continuing their formal education.