Assessment Administrator Anita Christenson reviewed the key findings of the district’s annual monitoring report which include a review of SAT, ISAT, Idaho Reading Indicator and other assessment data.
A recording of the 30-minute presentation with the Board’s questions and administration answers is available here.
In the presentation, the District concluded that overall progress was being made, but there were areas where improvement was needed, particularly in math and progress for groups that have in the past under achieved.
Administration conclusions were:
- We made progress towards meeting state averages in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
- We made progress in decreasing the percentage of students scoring “below standard” in ELA with mixed results in mathematics.
- We made adequate progress towards increasing the percentage of students scoring “above standard” in ELA and math.
- We did not make adequate progress in closing the “achievement gap” for historically underachieving groups.
- We did not make adequate progress towards increasing the percentage of students making a full year’s growth.
- This year we gathered baseline data with the new ACCESS 2.0 assessment for students with Limited English Proficiency.