Professional Development Reimbursement

Professional Development Reimbursement FAQs    2017-2018

Q.  Where do I start?

A.  Select professional development opportunities that align with your primary academic contract. 

Q. How do I submit the reimbursement request?

A.  Click on this PD Reimbursement form link.   You will need to upload a copy of your payment receipt and Supervisor approval email.  

Q.  Can I pay membership dues that provide professional development?

A.  No.  Reimbursement must be for specific professional development activities.

Q.  I’m also a coach in the District.  Can I use this for coaching professional development?

A.  Only if your primary position is a physical education teacher or Athletic Director.

Q. When can I take PD for reimbursement?

A. All classes and training must be taken between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018. 

Q.  What do I do next?

A. Get approval from your Supervisor.

Q.  What constitutes approval?

A.  An email confirmation or other written and signed note from your Supervisor approving the training.

Q. Can my request be denied?

A. Yes.  If the training does not align to your primary academic contract.

Q. What if my professional development is during contracted time?

A.  The Supervisor will approve or deny based on school needs and substitute coverage.   

Q.  Once I have approval what is next?

A.  Register for the professional development.  Enter substitute requests in Absence Management System if needed. Submit a reimbursement request.

Q. What is the deadline to submit reimbursement requests?

A. Request for reimbursement must be made prior to August 1, 2018. 

Q. When will I receive my reimbursement check?

A. Reimbursement checks will be processed October 30, 2017, January 30, 2018, April 30, 2018 and June 30, 2018.  Requests must be received by the last day of the month prior to be guaranteed to process for the next cycle.

Q.  What do I do when the training or courses are completed? 

A.  Turn in certificates of completion or transcripts to the Human Resources department for placement in your personnel file. For credits to count toward salary placement official transcripts must be received by the Human Resources Department by September 1, 2017 for the 2017-18 contract year.