HOW TO SIGN UP TO GET FLYERS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL
Parents will be sent e-flyers from the schools where their children are enrolled using the e-mails provided to the schools during registration. Parents also may choose to not receive e-flyers or control the frequency of the e-flyers through their PeachJar account.
Parents and community members can also sign up directly through PeachJar to get flyers from other schools.
To sign up, go to https://www.peachjar.com/ and click the "Parents" tab. Community members without children also use the Parent site.
INFORMATION FOR SCHOOL-BASED GROUPS
Official school-based group such as the Parent Teacher Association or student groups such as the Wresting team may use Peachjar for free. Please contact the school principal for details.
INFORMATION FOR OUTSIDE COMMUNITY GROUPS
The Nampa School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students. Notification of those activities is now distributed electronically via Peachjar.
Paper flyers from outside organizations are no longer distributed to NSD students.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents who have provided us an email address. Your flyer will also be posted online.
- IMPORTANT: Read the NSD flyer approval requirements in the next section below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider with Peachjar (under “account type”). From the main page, click on the orange “Register” button in the top right-hand corner, or follow this link.
- Upload proof/documentaion of your organization's status as a non-profit.
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below.
Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
What are the requirements?
Organization must be a non-profit 501(c)3 to use Peachjar.
Flyers will be denied if content is inappropriate. This includes but is not limited to:
- Are an activity/event/service is outside the local geographic area.
- Conflict with district programs/activities.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Advocate for any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
In addition, ALL flyers to be distributed must:
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font: “This event is not sponsored by Nampa School District or its schools and the District assumes no responsibility for the conduct or safety during the event.”
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer.
Fees for Distribution of Materials
There is a service fee for organizations outside of schools to use the Peachjar system. Read more about fees and how to pay on the Peachjar page.
Do I Need to Pay the Fee?
Peachjar’s service fee applies to all organizations that are not part of the school district, such as City Park and Recreation Departments, Community Colleges, Little League and Youth Soccer and Football, and all other organizations with non-school district employees. Exceptions may be made if the District is a co-sponsor and/or organizer of the event.
What If My Flyer is Not Approved?
Should an outside organization’s flyer be denied, the posting organization will be notified electronically and a refund will be provided as an account credit after 30 days. This delay enables the district to “undo” the action and subsequently approve a new flyer without the need for the external organization to repeat the uploading and checkout process. Peachjar will expedite processing an account credit upon request
Tips for Designing Effective E-flyers
•Use colorful graphics and photos, not black and white text. Remember you don’t have to pay for color with Peachjar!
•Add your registration URL during the upload process AND embed it into your flyer document before you save it as a pdf.
•If your event takes place off campus, add a mapping address as you post your eflyer. That way, parents will be able to see your event location.
•During the upload process, create a descriptive “Title” for your flyer.
•Use large colorful graphics to make it easy for parents to read on their smartphone.
•Use large fonts and lengthen your eflyer to several pages if necessary. Before Peachjar, small fonts were needed to save on printing costs, but with eflyers, multiple pages can be sent at no additional cost.
Each school website includes a link to its Peachjar site.